The Arrival

I have probably been the only woman on earth who was not anxious to have her baby. I was terrified (and still am) of having 2 kids, so I was very patiently awaiting my due date.
I found out 3 days before my due date that my dad would be leaving on a business trip to New York on my due date. I was mistakenly under the impression that he would not be returning for 2 months. Frantic, I called up my doctor first thing Monday morning, asking to be induced the same day. Somehow, the stars aligned, and they said I could just go into the hospital at any time. Of course, after getting my doctors permission and such, I found out that it would not be 2 months, but rather 2 weeks that my dad would be gone. But it was too late, I had gotten my sights set on having the baby that day.
January 24th
We got to the hospital around 11 am. They hooked me up to the Oxytocin at noon. Around 2:30 the nurse informed me that a doctor would be by at 3 to break my water. 3 o'clock came and went. Finally at 6:30, the doctor came in and broke my water. I asked the nurse when she might be checking on me again. She said in a few hours, but that she would be back at 7 to up the Oxytocin. I kept feeling a lot of pressure on my pelvis right around 7. I asked Jared if I should press the call button. He said I should just wait until she came back. She showed up at 7:15. Sure enough, we were ready to go. She called in my doctor, and at 7:49 Fiona Drew Hansen was born.
Fiona weighed 8 lbs 4 oz. She was 19 1/2 inches long. She had a good amount of dark hair, though nothing compared to the mop that Chloe was born with. She screamed good and loud for the first 5 minutes. Even after bringing her home, she has not cried as loud as she did then. She is a sweet little baby, who is a wonderful addition to our family.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Our Little Family

Our Little Family

About this blog