The Holidays

SINTERKLAAS At the beginning of December, the Dutch celebrate Sinterklaas, a holiday best compared to "commercialized Christmas." While each of us lived in Holland, Jared and I both had the opportunity to dress up as Zwarte Piet (Sinterklaas' helper). I think we both can agree that setting up this picture was so much more fun! My family got together and the kids each got chocolate letters of their first initial. We had pepernoten and chocolate to snack on. It was a really fun way to start the holidays.

CHRISTMASMerry Christmas. This was our family Christmas picture this year. Every time we asked Chloe to smile, she spread her arms in excitement. So, we had to hold her hands back as best we could.Jared gave me a new hoodie, to replace one that had been "adopted" by a friend a few years ago. I think I like this one better.We seriously had to bribe Chloe to open presents. She would have been perfectly happy playing with Grandma's kitchen set the whole day. Chloe got so spoiled by both of our families. Grandma Hansen gave her a toddler-friendly dollhouse that she loves.

Her best reaction was to the present she got from Grams (Miller). After begging her to open presents all day, she finally did this one with little resistance.This year I got Jared a much needed, slightly new golf bag. (Thanks to KSL)Chloe got a brand new guitar from Papa and Grams, that Jared decided to test out.Chloe was absolutely enthralled by the singing, dancing Christmas characters that my mom had picked up from Wal-mart. There were three of them and they each sang a different Christmas tune. Her favorite thing to do was play them all at once... a sort of Christmas medley, I guess.My family tradition is to get new jammies on Christmas Eve. Grams has been kind enough to get cute matching jammies for the grandkids each year.

NEW YEARS
In previous years, we have gone to a friend's place to ring in the New Year. It didn't work out this year and we thought we might have to spend the evening all alone. That was until someone informed us of the yearly Hansen get together. I'm not quite sure how or why it was kept from us this long, but we were so glad to be let in on the secret. We played games, watched movies, and had a lot of snacks. It was wonderful.
As for our New Years Resolutions...
Mine was to be more scheduled in my home. I would like for Chloe to have more structure as far as daily routines, and I know that it starts with me.... sorry Chloe. :)
Jared's goal was to practice what he preaches. He has been trying to be more strict with his diet and exercise, to be a good example to his clients. Of course with me preparing his meals, this is another duty that falls on my shoulders... sorry Jared. :)
Another big one was to update the blog more. I'll let our friends and family be the judges on how well that's going...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Our Little Family

Our Little Family

About this blog